Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 5 September 2009

Dog Portraits, Willow, Gypsy and Zac



I'm surprised by how much work Willow's dog portrait is turning out to be, I'm not sure if it's because she has black fur or if it just is fiddly, either way I seem to be getting nowhere fast!





As it really is coming to the end of the summer (what summer) we decided to sort out the top end of the garden where the pheasant pens are, it had become quite overgrown as most of the pens have trees in for perches and privet for protection for the birds, we also mowed a few pathways through and it now looks like a secret garden. I was of course accompanied on my photography tour by my faithful assistant Willow, she really was not meant to feature at all today but she always managed to get in on the shot, what a lime light hogger she is!










And here is our golden pheasant, this was one which we bred ourselves, it takes two years for their colouring to come out in full and this time last year he was a dull brown colour, a bit of an ugly duckling he was but now he's a bit of a beauty.

Cyril the squirrel's latest news....

Cyril briefly escaped, I thought he had climbed onto my shoulders and gone into my hood, however when I looked around to recapture him I found him half way up the curtain making for the ceiling! He's also now starting to eat pine nuts so will hopefully be on solid food before long, he's growing up so fast now!

I've also got news of the shows I will be attending which are

Newent Onion Fayre on 12th September 2009

Speech House Dog Show 13th September 2009

Worcester Race Course Dog Show 20th September 2009


If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower. If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.

If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Now visit my picasa photo album to see completed pieces of art.

Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Wendy Mould AFCA said...

I am very interested in seeing the group picture finished as that is always a challenge to integrate three separate pictures. One thing I was studying very carefully is your eyes. I always seem to have such a time getting my highlights in a good position. Yours look great for all the dogs.
I enjoyed your other pictures as well, your pheasant is quite a birds.

Teresa said...

Your painting is coming along wonderfully!

Never heard of or seen a Golden Pheasant before...what beautiful colors and such elegant tail feathers.

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist