Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday 9 December 2009

Dog portraits, Badger



As you can see my photo editing skills have not improved in any way whatsoever! This is Badger's dog portrait as it stands now, basically with the major areas in place now. I need to add a few more layers to his back flank and then it's grass, grass, grass! As you can see I have not taken this image in day light, which is pretty scarce when you work a day job as well. We finish relatively early compared to some jobs at 3.30pm but even then by the time we get home the light has all but vanished. I do hate winter, it makes me so miserable. I had worked in an office and thought it was the fact I drove to work in the dark and drove home again in the dark that made me so fed up with this time of year, but now I spend all day everyday in the great outdoors but I still hate winter (perhaps I just hate working really!).



 Aside from portraits, Willow has been quite ill for a few days, so much so that I rushed her to the vet yesterday as she was ill plus not eating and drinking very little. It turns out she has a tummy bug, which I didn't know dogs could get, but after an injection and some tablets she is a little better and having a nibble at food now, needless to say she showed off terribly when I tried to leave her at home instead of taking her to work this morning and so she's put in a full day of chasing sticks and cones plus followed us up and down the rows of trees relentlessly so I think she's getting back to normal now. Plus she was very very spoilt and allowed to sit in the cab on a lovely fluffy blanket as she was under the weather! Look at those ears! She's still not grown into them at all!

And finally, if you have recently sent an entry into my pet portrait competition and you do not see your image appear, that's because they are just too small. For example, I cannot produce a portrait from an image of 11kb which features a horse and rider, there simply isn't enough detail. I have received quite a few entries like this but if you can resend your entries with images which are 250kb or above I will happily add them to the competition.
If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower. If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.

If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Now visit my picasa photo album to see completed pieces of art.

Thanks for visiting!

3 comments:

Sally McLean said...

Badger is looking great. I have trouble taking photos of my art too. They seem to be dark no matter what type of light is available.
Hope Willow is feeling better and Cyril is yes cuuuutte!

Unknown said...

Badger is looking good. Looking forward to seeing it finished.

Sorry Willow has been unwell. I hope she is back bouncing again.

artbykarieann said...

Hi Sally, hi Dors, Willow is still a little green and off food so I may just take her back to the vets. As for Badger, he is now completed but as it's so close to the weekend I'll wait for better light to take a photo this time.

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist