Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

Blog Archive

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 5 December 2009

Dog Portraits, Ben



And just because yesterday's update was such a poor shot here is a little bit more of an update on Ben's dog portrait. It has actually stopped raining, although I do think it will start again later on so I took a photo update when I could, no doubt if I had left it, it would be black skies and torrential downpours later on so a new photo would prove impossible, but now I've managed to capture a more truer photo, I expect it will turn out sunny so I could have left it longer! The moon is still out but it is reasonably bright so I can get on with some more work today. I was beginning to find Christmas portraits a little stressful at one point, I'm on top of things now but for a few weeks I seemed to be getting nowhere fast, the unfortunate/fortunate thing is I have to work full time and I cannot do as many paintings as I would like but there simply aren't enough to do to go full time! Oh the trials and tribulations I encounter!
I have lots of ideas bobbing around in my head about my website and I did have a little revamp (no idea why as I just couldn't take on anymore just yet) but I think I need to have a tidy up of it in the New Year. I've also got quite a few commissions for January plus I have a display to get ready for in February so in fact I think after Christmas will turn out to be just as busy for me!



Anyway, simply because he really is so cute, here are a couple more photos of little Cyril playing in his pen.



He's just so sweet! I'm of for my squirrel visit tomorrow and to take Cyril and Shizzle some treats so I'll take my camera again to see if I can get any more photos of them.



And on the home front, we are collecting a new tragopan hen today to go with the male shown above. He will have two girlfriends then, what a lucky boy!!!
I also feel as though I've made a fatal mistake today. I've stayed at home to finish pet portraits and allowed my other half to go to an auction on his own, he manages to buy all manner of things when I'm there and my back is turned so I just have no idea what rubbish he'll come home with! Oh well, at least he'll keep out of trouble down in the tractor shed!

If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower. If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.
If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Now visit my picasa photo album to see completed pieces of art.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Ben is coming along beautifully Karie-Anne - I look forward to seeing the finished portrait!!!!

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist