Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 11 September 2010

Dog Portraits, Barney


Bit of an update for Barney, he's starting to come together. I'm battling with broken leads in this new set of pencils so most is being wasted but I'm not sure I can change to another brand half way through so I'm hoping they don't run out before I reach the end!
And here are Nut and Butt after some intensive training. They were a little unruly to begin with and took to headbutting at any opportunity, usually when I was collecting eggs. Anyway, never to be defeated, we used the same training techniques used for the dogs and reward them when they do something good. So far they have learnt to come to us when we call them, to feed politely from our hands, to stand when we tell them and to let us brush them. Next we have to teach them to let us cut their hooves so that's the next test!

And just a little pic of a web I found, it looked lovely with the dew and took some mountain climbing to get to!

FACEBOOKTWITTERYOU TUBEPICASAFLICKRDIGGDELICIOUSSTUMBLE UPON


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! Are these your pets? Good luck on the training)

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist