Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 29 November 2008

Dog Portrait from Photo, Jess

Good news all round today, Jess' portrait and the trio portrait have all been approved. These will be hitting the Christmas post sack very soon. As you can see above I finally got around to finishing Jess' mouth, poor dog was without one for quite some time. I'm back on the black labs, Liam and Clyde today, I did start yesterday afternoon and decided I did not like the grass they were on so it's had a change of colour but I'm still working on it and will post an update very shortly.
Just an update on the pets, we saw a buzzard flying very low in the bottom field so I went to investigate and it was sat in the tree ready to do another flyby, I clapped my hands but it refused to move until I got quite close (good job our chickens are too fat to carry away!) but I was worried about my muscovy ducklings but luckily all were there and accounted for. Our neighbour is a keen birdwatcher and has said the worst predator we have here regularly flies over which is the goshawk, typical that one nests just around the corner so we have to always watch out for these. They can catch prey on the wing so if it ever takes a fancy to anything it's a gonner I'm afraid! Anyway, we are having major discussions about my new dog, I'm looking for a black alsation to take to work (Zac is gun shy and noises make him very scared, he trembles so much he can't walk and Gypsy gets stuck in the bramble or gets too tired and sits down refusing to budge) so I want a dog of my own to take, I am set on an alsation but a spaniel and labrador feature heavily as alternatives so I am told!

If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower (see bottom of page). If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.
If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Thanks for visiting!


1 comments:

OregonArtGuy said...

Hi Karie:
Yep, fixed!

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist