Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Monday 5 January 2009

Dog portrait from photo, Patton

Did a bit more to Patton although the photo has a lot to answer for, I managed to get a shine on the graphite and no matter how many times I retook the shot it still appeared the same, so much for daylight bulbs it's not the same as real sunshine......
....and this was the scene of snow which greeted my geese this morning, it has been cold all day. It was my first day back at 'proper' work today and it was a real shock to the system to wake up to this. Living out in the sticks is great to avoid the madding crowd and not hear banging radios and racing cars revving up but it was a nightmare getting down the track this morning in the little Forestry Commission van. The drive proved a slippery challenge and took several attempts then the 'main road' (more like a forest walk) was thick with ice and then snow on top. Nevertheless I made it and then walked about in the cold all day, we did see a bit of sunshine but it was a bit chilly. Cannot make up my mind if tomorrow will be better, it's supposed to be colder over night, down to -8c in places but we should be slashing the bark from trees tomorrow which does warm us up a bit so it could be better, fingers crossed! Also went to the feed shop and bought some more doggie bits for Willow my new puppy who will be arriving on Saturday when bedlam will break out!

If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower (see bottom of page). If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.
If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Thanks for visiting!


2 comments:

Marvin said...

I can identify with your difficulty with the snow and ice. We are 3 miles (4.8 km)from pavement, 1.5 miles (2.4 km) from the main county road and the last .8 mile (1.2 km) only comes down to our place -- and it does come down meaning we must climb a hill to get out. Fortunately, neither of us has a "real" job so we can usually just wait for the melting of snow or ice.

I'm sure you'll have great fun with Willow's arrival on Saturday. Our most recent dog came from a rescue group and was about a year old. I think we are getting too old for puppy bedlam.

artbykarieann said...

Gypsy my little terrier by the fire is a rescue, she was one of 42 left when a breeder died. She is just so happy to live with us! Glad to hear I'm not the only one out in the sticks then!

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist