Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday 19 November 2009

Dog Portraits, Dizzy and Murphy



A few things have got in the way of my commissions in the lst couple of days so I'm not where I want to be at the moment but this is the latest update for Dizzy and Murphy's dog portrait.

And news on Cyril....
Cyril has moved house and is living with Shizzle the squirrel not far away. I delivered him on Sunday but unfortunately things were a bit of a disaster to begin with. Shizzle is almost twice the size of Cyril and much more of a boy about town. He's more dominant than Cyril and decided to boss him about (a bit of fur was sent flying) and Cyril was a little bit stressed about this. I hoped things would calm down after they became used to each other and it seemed that by Tuesday they were suffering each other although not friends and Cyril was coping. However, being soppy as I am I decided to visit yesterday and things are definitely not going as well as planned. I found Cyril hiding behind a door in the corner and when I picked him up he was shaking like a leaf. He decided to move into my hood and curl up against my neck, this has not helped my resolve to leave him there in any way! I stayed for an hour and the whole time Cyril just stayed in my hood not wanting to come out, Shizzle on the other hand was prancing all over looking for him as it seems to have helped him no end by having a companion. I left my hood for Cyril and we put it inside my wool hat he already had and hung him behind the door to make him feel safe. The last update I had from is adopted Mum Alex was that he was staying put in the hood but accepting grapes and nuts. Cyril has already shown me up by biting Alex and he did have a bit of an episode whan she tried to feed him, squealing and looking ready to pounce at her. However, having put forward all of the bad news, I did leave Cyril behind in the hope that things will improve and it does seem to be a combination of a new home, the flat mate from hell and me having adandoned him making things a little difficult. It's a lot for a little fella to cope with all in one go! We've decided our best plan of action is to leave things a while longer but if Cyril is still such a nervous wreck I'll bring him home. Anyway, here is a little pic of when he was being a little better behaved!



If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower. If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.

If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Now visit my picasa photo album to see completed pieces of art.

Thanks for visiting!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Awwww what a sad story. I hope little Cyril will be OK. He is so cute.

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist