Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Monday 20 October 2008

Dog Portrait from Photo, Dolly & Peggy

Work has started on my next portrait. Meet Dolly and Peggy, Peggy is a golden retriever and Dolly is a spaniel cross poodle. This portrait is to be in graphite pencil I have now started on the second dog, Dolly, who is a springer poodle cross. She has very curly and shiny ears which are going to be a lot of hard work!!!A bit later... Dolly's ear and neck are now in place and I'll be moving back onto Peggy's chest area.I have continued working on this portrait at a fair rate of knots, I've got a lot more done than I ever expected!! I need to go back to the darker areas adding further shading and darken Dolly's face in places nowI have at long last been able to take a photo of Dolly and Peggy in good light (a rarity at this time of year) and posted the final update. I have darkened a lot of Dolly's fur to show more contrast to the shine she has plus I have made the outline of her head more prominent. All that remains is for the mount colour to be chosen now.
...And after approval from the customer, Dolly and Peggy have been mounted in green and will be posted asap.
Annette who made the commission left me the following message...

"received today thank you so much especially doing a last minute job. It is brillant..."
which is wonderful news.

If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower (see bottom of page). If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.
If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Thanks for visiting!
Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist