Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Monday 18 May 2009

Amur Leopard by wildlife artist Karie-Ann Cooper

Ta da!!! Nearly there at last! This just gives you some idea of what will be happening in the background of this piece of wildlife art. There is still a considerable amount of work to do but at least things are now finally taking shape. I'm almost beginning to like this again now, it has been one of those love/hate things and now I'm on the downhill bit I'm forgetting how much hard work all that grey was!
Pickle update:
Still a bit poorly but he's taken all of his favourite hay to bed for his supper and he is currently running around the garden with his beloved Treacle. He is most indignant about taking his medicine and squeals and screams at me each morning when I try to give it to him and I think his temper gets the better of him as he tries to push the syringe out of his mouth with his little paws so there's a bit of fight in him yet then!

12 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Wow! The leopard turned out so beautifully! So glad to hear Pickle is somewhat better, will keep him in my thoughts.

artbykarieann said...

Hi Gail, I've just been visiting your blog too and saw all those lovely bird photos you've taken, they really are great! Thanks for thinking of Pickle, problem he's with his girlfriend (there is wire between them) and he's thinking of something else entirely!!!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

Gorgeous leopard! I think I just photographed one of these lately at the zoo.

Unknown said...

I wish I had a gold ribbon to give you right now for that masterpiece. Poor poor little Pickle. Too bad they don't have hay flavored medicine.

Melody Lea Lamb said...

Beautiful piece Karie! I can see how there would be a tremendous amount of work involved.

Unknown said...

Beautiful work ...Love them and wow so much detail in them. Love your site.

twincedar said...

Wow, wonderful job! You can tell that you have really put in the time on this!

artbykarieann said...

Thanks to you all for your encouragement, it was a bit of hard slog when I was lost in a sea of grey but now things are fitting together at long last.

OregonArtGuy said...

Hi Karie: Your Leopard is Beautiful! You're just going to have to become a wildlife expert now! :-}
~Bill~

Gary Keimig said...

The leopard came out very nice. good work

Anonymous said...

Great painting - Love it

Jason (wildlife artist)

dessins du 29 said...

so beautiful your works. really. I'm french and i darw too, and i would like to have your opinion on my works on http://dessins-du-29.over-blog.com

thanks

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist