Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Monday 2 February 2009

A day of snow and bad weather

Been a couple of busy days for Willow, first she had training from Gypsy on how to dig in the duck shed, Gypsy takes this aspect of her job very seriously, she has repeatedly shown Willow how she must dig as far as possible until only her tail is visible, alas Willow has not built up enough stamina or interest to be that bothered, much to Gypsy's disgust....
as yet again Willow sleeps on the job as Gypsy carries on until reaching Australia.
Having said that, Willow did have to go to work today in the very bad snow, she wore her coat but kept falling over and got a bit wet at times, below she is chasing Patch who zooms along at the speed of light which outfoxed Willow no end as she still has clumsy puppy paws and gets herself all tripped over her own back feet.
And my day was, well I'm not really sure, blighted or enlightened by these two lovely assistants, Ray and Ronnie as I was split from my usual team and sent to Haugh on the Hereford beat
I guess someone had to get the short straw, it could have been them or me! As it was such a cold horrible day we met a man taking his harris hawk training in the wood as he didn't expect to see anyone else, the problem was I forgot my camera at the time, it was about half a mile away in the van!!!!
Anyway back to the important stuff, Willow and I decided that as it is bitterly cold outside and the snow just keeps coming down, we would take the evening to do some art, as you can see Willow is as keen about this as she was digging in the duck pen, here she is, under my chair in her best role as helpful assistant!
She's not the prettiest of dogs but at least she looks like an alsation now, sorry german shepherd, but she is just lovely even though she's eaten about 20 of my pencils and I could swap her for a stuffed toy sometimes.
Anyway I'm now back working on Patton the rottweiler, I'll post an update tomorrow and I think he'll be almost finished by then.

If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower (see bottom of page). If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.
If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Thanks for visiting!


3 comments:

OregonArtGuy said...

Hi Karie:
I was wondering how you were doing over there - heard you were having some nasty weather - hope it gets better and not worse :-}

artbykarieann said...

Just been outside and it's still snowing Bill, worst weather for 18 years in some parts, I think it's here through the week, hopefully we'll get so much snow I can stay at home!

Kathleen Coy said...

Your dogs are so cute. Looks like a beautiful (yet cold) walk in the woods today!

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist