Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday 7 June 2009

pet portrait of spaniel


Well as you can see I've had a tidy up of my blog, it was becoming more than a little annoying as there were so many add ons on the page it was taking an age to download. I've now cut a lot of rubbish out and made it a lot less complicated, let me know what you think!
Also you can see I've now completed Bodie's pet portrait. I've added two different backgrounds and am awaiting the client's choice, she may want something completely different, which do you think looks best? The top image is on a cream coloured background and the lower one has black. The whites do look different on each and I like the cream as it blends in but the black makes the white whiter if you get my meaning!
Willow, Zac and myself have been out playing in the puddles in the wood this morning and again we were lucky enough to avoid any showers, we are getting brief moments of sunshine followed by the blackened skies just before a deluge of rain. Our area is now under a severe weather warning with the risk of flooding, another fantastic oddity caused from living between the Wye and Severn rivers which happily spill over whenever the rain falls.


If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower (see bottom of page). If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.
If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Thanks for visiting!


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful portrait of Bodie. You've done a great job of capturing him here. May I ask what medium you used here?

Kathleen Coy said...

Karie, Bodie is looking amazing! And your new blog layout looks great, I really like it. :-)

artbykarieann said...

Thanks Kat, I am really pleased with Bodie and I do especially like his ears! As for my blog, it now seems very bland but it does load so much faster so perhaps simplicity is the key!!!

artbykarieann said...

Hi Judy, I used prismacolour pencils for this pet portrait, they are a dream to use.

Unknown said...

Lovely work Kerie. I think I like the top one ( Cream ) looks more natural... But both are excellent as always.
Bodie looks a wonderful dog. Your work is superb.
Hugs

artbykarieann said...

I personally think the cream does blend in with the portrait better but the customer is always right so I'll have to see what she says Dors!

Mrs Mac said...

Ooooo Bodie is beautiful!!!!!!

Mrs Mac said...

(I like the cream best!)

artbykarieann said...

Hi Helena, I think you are right, the cream does suit it well, thanks so much for the comments too!

Unknown said...

You're Amazing!!!! I like the look of your blog too! It's light and bright and suits your personality.

artbykarieann said...

Thanks Sheila, looks like my new look blog was a good idea after all!

twincedar said...

Love the new look of your blog! Wonderful portrait!

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Bodie looks wonderful! Like the new look of your blog! It's amazing how they can take on a life of their own!

Teresa said...

Hi Karie-Ann,

Your portrait of Bodie is just wonderful. Wow... you're great with cp!

Love the blog renovation... I look forward to seeing more of your work now... couldn't get the page to load before 'cos I'm still on Neanderthal Dial Up!

artbykarieann said...

Well that goes to show that my little revamp paid off, thanks Teresa for your comments, I love colour pencils, they are so simple, easy and clean to use, I'm no oil painter so I'll stick with what I know best I think!

Sally McLean said...

I like the cream background because it goes with the colours in the portrait the best. I love you new blog layout it is much easier to read and it does load faster.

artbykarieann said...

Hi Sal, I think most are in agreement about the cream background, it does suit it better, plus thanks for letting me know about my blog, it was becoming annoying even for me and it is my blog!!! I wonder how many visitors got so fed up waiting that they gave up!!!

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist