Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Friday 12 June 2009

springer spaniel pet portrait

So I've started my next pet portrait, another liver and white springer spaniel, this one is called Brodie, very similar in name and colouring to Bodie, my previous pet portrait. Again this is on drafting film (I don't think I'll ever get away from it now as I like it so much) but I've already decided this will probably be over a cream background after all the suggestions and comments for Bodie's background, so I've added it at the beginning for you all to see how things really look from start to end, unless I change my mind though!!! And an update on dear Pickle, he has put on some weight now and is concentrating his efforts on eating as much hay as possible. As I am still giving him medicine twice daily I can feel him getting plumper all the time but he does still squeak a little whereas he used to shreak at me non-stop so there is still some way to go yet but at long last, after all the ups and downs over the past month I think we are finally on the last uphill bit!
Thankfully it is Friday and I have spent a week on banks at work. The bank we are working up and down today is very steep and also covered with wild garlic plus it's damp, hence I have fallen, slipped, skidded and basically slalomed my way down it many times and the garlic has made everything smell awful, even Willow smells of garlic, yuk! I like garlic but an overdose of a week's worth is not the most aromatic smell I know of. Poo, I stink!!!
Anyway, as it is reasonably rainfree this afternoon, I am about to let all of my furry friends, including Pickle, have a run around on the grass for a few hours! Hope the weather is good wherever you all are too!
If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower (see bottom of page). If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.
If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Thanks for visiting!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

You probably get Springer Spaniel portrait commissions because you do them like no other with the detail and wonderful gloss to their fur.

I so glad Squeak is feeling better! As for the wild garlic, I am sure you and Willow will have no problems with Vampires for a while.

twincedar said...

This is looking great!

artbykarieann said...

Thanks twincedar, as for vampires Sheila, I hadn't thought of them, I think everyone will be giving me a miss until I have a soak in the bath! And I do seem to get a lot of spaniel portraits which is no hardship as I do love them so much.

Laure Ferlita said...

Love your new blog look! Very clean and easy on the eyes! I also love the start of your latest spaniel - he's going to be gorgeous!

artbykarieann said...

Thanks Laura, I quite like the new blog too, it's growing on me. I'm not normally this streamline, I do like a bit of clutter so I'll need to resist adding anything more! And the spaniel reference image is a lovely pose to do, I'm really happy to work with it.

Unknown said...

Very nice work Karie-Ann . Love the spaniels. you do them so well.
Look forward to the progress..also Pickle.

You are so talented.

artbykarieann said...

Thanks Dors, I do seem to get a high percentage of spaniel portraits, but I do love them.

Gwen Bell said...

Your Portraits are fantastic! The fine detail is stunning. Hope you don't mind if I add your link to my blog.

Debra Keirce said...

You do beautiful work! I have a commission of a poodle I'm starting this week. I just bought some drafting film, but this client wants it on linen canvas. I'm anxious to try out the film though. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog!

Kathleen Coy said...

I love profile portraits! I'm looking forward to the progress.

artbykarieann said...

Hi Gwen, many thanks for the link, it's much appreciated.

And Deb you must try drafting film, I am now converted, I cannot believe how much I hated it the first time around!

Thanks for the comment Kat!

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist