Bonnie

Bonnie

rabbit

rabbit

Lisa

Lisa
colour 8x10

Mrs Blore

Mrs Blore
graphite 8x10

Oakley

Oakley

About Me

My Photo
artbykarieann
I am a part-time pet portrait and wildlife artist living in the deep dark forest between the Royal Forest of Dean, Herefordshire and the Welsh border. A beautiful and inspiring place to live and create pet portraits and wildlife art.
View my complete profile
Powered by Blogger.
Saturday 13 June 2009

springer spaniel pet portrait

I've got quite a bit done on this latest pet portrait of Brodie the springer spaniel, so much so that I was ready to finish at the stage shown above but then had second wind and had another go after putting all my rabbits and guinea pigs out to play in the garden!
So this is were I got to when I heard shouts of 'come here and look at this!' and sat all pretty with 10 newly hatched ducklings was our muscovy mum duck. As of last night the news was that just two eggs had pipped but then mummy was maybe a little over run with them sometime this morning as every last egg hatched! Aren't they lovely!
And of course in amongst all the excitement, Willow patiently waited for a game of football...
and doesn't he look better, this is Pickle out and about, those buttercups didn't last long, I think he took a fancy to them and demolished them a bit rapidly!
Gypsy is Ronnie's baby, she will not leave his side, and he is not allowed any peace when she is about. I think she's a pocket rocket and is luckily small enough to fit on the bench or on a lap without too much of a squeeze. She was trying desperately to get Ronnie to sort out her food, she thinks of food non stop and is quite obsessed with it!And another icon of summer, after bluebells, the foxgloves appear, there is a hoard of them behind the tactor shed and they seem to be everywhere this summer so the weather must be just right for them.

If you like my work please take the time to leave me a comment or become a follower (see bottom of page). If you would like to win a pet portrait of your dog, cat, horse or any other pet please see my new competition. It costs nothing to enter, all you require is internet access.
If you are interested in commissioning me please visit my pet portrait artist website or my wildlife artist website
Thanks for visiting!


5 comments:

Debra Keirce said...

What a wonderful pet portrait! And you have so many other pets and beautiful flowers to use as subjects. Lucky you!

artbykarieann said...

Hi Deb, I am really really lucky to have so many pets, I prefer them to people sometimes!!!

Lene Daugaard said...

wonderful pose in that springer spaniel drawing. I'm looking forward to see the final artwork

Teresa said...

Hi Karie-Ann,

Your work is always so beautiful... the spaniel looks great! Sure do envy your technique!

The ducklings are darling! Do keep us updated as they grow.

artbykarieann said...

Thanks Teresa, the ducklings are growing at such a rate, they look bigger everytime I look at them.

Copyright (c) 2008 -2010 Karie-Ann Cooper. All rights reserved. All images, words and text remain the copyright of Karie-Ann Cooper. All artwork on this blog is protected by copyright law and must not be used, copied or downloaded without the permission of the artist